[PA-Furry] Magnus Needs Help

Gryffyn blkgryffyn at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 05:12:02 EDT 2004

Ok, Magnus screwed up, but looks like people really
want to help him.  I know people on this list will
want to be kept up to date on what's going on, but if
anyone wants to really start coordinating so we can
actually SAVE some of his stuff and help his time go a
little easier, then let's talk serious business here.

First of all, if people don't want to flood the PA
Furs mailing list with this stuff, I set up a mailing
list one of my domains so that it can be discussed off
to the side a bit.

To subscribe to the mailing list, email:
majordomo at gryffyndevelopment.com
with "subscribe helpmagnus" in the message body

To unsubscribe to the mailing list, email:
majordomo at gryffyndevelopment.com
with "unsubscribe helpmagnus" in the message body

You can also email me directly and I'll add or remove
you manuallly.

Secondly, here's some things we need to figure out and
coordinate if we're going to help Magnus:

1. Someone should contact his landlord and explain the
situation instead of just letting the rent go unpaid
and getting evicted.  Rental place usually ask if
you've been evicted before and it'd be good for him to
leave his current place on good terms.  Hell, the
landlord may even be willing to let him keep the stuff
there if we can scrape together a few $$$ to help
cover it while he's gone.

2. Someone needs to be able to go over and get his
mail and I believe he had critters that needed caring
for.  Either someone needs to take care of them at his
place or take them to their place. Let's not let his
animals starve to death because someone couldn't make
it over there for a while.  That's cruelty and
something I'm sure most of us are greatly against.

3. If we DO have to get his stuff out of his place,
then we should contact Magnus and see what can be sold
and what stuff is irreplaceable and should be saved if
possible.   DuGaul mentioned possibly getting the use
of an empty apartment.  That'd be excellent!  If that
works out, then we'd just need a moving truck and some
helpers to pack up his stuff and get it there (it's
only about 1.5 hours away, not too bad).

4. Once Magnus' stuff is taken care of, then we need
to make sure he's taken care of.  Ask him if it's ok
to publish the address of the facility he's in so that
people can write him letters, etc.   Find out if he
can receive magazines, comic books, paperbacks, etc.
Even a $5 donation for his account there can be a big
thing.  If he doesn't need it for 'necessities' he
could probably use it to buy something else that might
make his stay a little less depressing.  Every little
bit helps!

5. Finding out when visiting hours are and other
things that he might enjoy would be good too.

He's got a lot of free time on his hands right now
which means he's got a lot of time to think about
nothing but the stuff he's going to lose by being gone
for a couple of months.  If we can get organized, we
can minimize the impact greatly.

So I guess either reply to this here or subscribe to
the mailing list I set up for the purpose of
organizing and let's discuss practical things that can
be done.  I'm sure he knows that all the furs are
behind him in thought, let's see how we can help him
in deed as well.

-Gryffyn