[PA-Furry] PIttsburgh Labor Day Furry Meet Report.

GeoStanley at aol.com GeoStanley at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 06:12:03 EDT 2004

<< Okay, I don't have much experience hosting furmeets (well, none, really)
but
 I've repeatedly seen other furry hosts state that you really need to keep
 hosting meets in order to see serious results. It's like the first meet is
 guaranteed to be a downer, but you learn more and plan better with each one.

Many furs are herd animals (regardless of species). You have to motivate them
to move, remind them migration is now, and keep them from being distracted by
anything else. "Hosting" is really nothing more than a set of well timed
messages about an upcoming event that may be of interest. Beyond that, the
responsibility of a good time is up to those who gather, each their own. Better to
keep in mind the group as well so that there is consideration, but just because
someone suggests an event location to meet really should not be much more of
an obligation except to show up and have a good time.