[Pa-furry] [EVENTS] Western PA December 2009 Fur Meets!

Foxes' Den foxesden at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:56:27 EST 2009

Busy month west of the Alleghenies in Pennsylvania so grab your pencil and mark your calendars.

PITTSBURGH'S MONTHLY FUR MEET!
When: Thursday, December 10, 2009
Time: 7-9pm
Where: Panera Bread (Oakland), 3401 Boulevard of the Allies, Pgh, PA  15213

Come
and relax with friends old and new; break out your sketchbook and be
creative over a warm cup of chai; play cards or other table top games;
or open your laptop and surf the net over the free wireless connection.

The
meet is what you make of it, so come on out and have some fun with
fellow Pittsburgh Area furs! Don't forget to bring and show off your
con badges if you have them! It at least helps us know who you are on
the inside. :)

If you get there early, start to score us some seating in the area near the door to the patio and back parking lot.

For more information and directions, visit http://www.swiftsden.net and scroll down to the section titled "Monthly Fur Meets."

PITTSBURGH'S ROBINSON TWP. FURMEET!
DATE: Saturday, December 19, 2009
PLACE: Niko's Coffee House (http://nikoscoffee.com)
TIME: 6:30pm-9:30pm at Niko's; then 9:45-whenever for some late night eats at Denny's. (6408 Steubenville Pike, Pgh., PA 15205)

Feel
free to bring sketchbooks, laptops, table games, card games, and other
little entertaining things you think will help liven the evening. Any
and all furs are welcome. Feel free to bring friends or anyone else
that may be interested in experiencing this fun and social gathering.

Ears
and tails are welcome. Fursuits are alright so long as they are kept to
the meeting room and do not venture into the general seating area.

Look forward to seeing you at the furmeet! <3

Event Coordinated and Hosted by Suka Husky.

KIYARA'S (PITTSBURGH) SOUTH HILLS FURMEET!
When: Saturday, December 26, 2009
Where: Kiyara's House, Brentwood, PA
Time: 6:30pm - 2am
Contact Info: KiyaraSabel, aka The Furry1337Otaku. Message her here, on DA at http://kiyarasabel.deviantart.com/, on FA at http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kiyarasabel/, on Furspace at http://www.furspace.com/KiyaraSabel, on Furry4Life at http://furry4life.ning.com/profile/KimForrest.

Please
RSVP. I only have small one bedroom apartment, and I estimate the
maximum number of folks I can entertain comfortably is about twenty
people. Full address and other contact information will be provided
when you RSVP.

You can help by bringing a bag of snacks and a
two liter bottle of soft drink. Failing that please toss in a few bucks
to compensate the hostess. We may be ordering out for foodage so bring
along some singles to chip in.

If anyone owns any good party
games, please feel encouraged to bring them along. (Apples to Apples is
one of my favorite party games.)

The meet is very fursuit friendly, and artists are welcome to share in the friendly vibe to feed their muse.

Some things you should know...
1.)
I have taxidermied animals on my walls. If you have a problem with this
don't come. I personally mounted each one of them myself, and literally
put hundreds of hours into completing them. I am not responsible for
their deaths, and I did my best to treat them with dignity. I ask you
do the same.

2.) Personal Responsibility. You make a mess, clean
it up, if you drink make sure to have a sober driver or have
prearranged crash space (I offer a limited amount, but it is only a
tiny one bedroom apartment), and if you bring alcohol, make sure that
you aren't giving it to underage drinkers, I'm not a stickler about
arbitrary laws like a drinking age, but I don't want the cops coming
down on my head. The same goes for illegal drugs.

3.) Have fun,
but be respectful of your fellow partiers and hostess. If you need
something or have a problem, don't be afraid to ask the hostess.

This event coordinated and hosted by Kiyara.

Event: First Night Pittsburgh Furry Gathering! (http://firstnightpgh.com/)
When: 4:30pm, Thursday, December 31, 2009
Where: Inside the Wood Street “T” Station, Street Level
       Wood and Liberty Avenues, Downtown Pittsburgh, PA

Join
with us as we take in the festivities and revel in the events of
Pittsburgh's First Night 2010 Celebrations and howl in the New Year
with fireworks and furiends!

Furiends old and new are welcome to
take part in this annual Pittsburgh furry event which is fast becoming
a holiday favorite full of cozy warmth and friendly cheer.

Held
on the coat tails of First Night Pittsburgh 2010, now in its 13th year,
the event is a community- and family-oriented, alcohol-free celebration
of the arts. Revelers enjoy - and in some cases, join in - the
multiple, simultaneous and continuous performances of dance, music,
song, mime, story telling, theater, poetry, film, video and multi-media
presentations."

That’s only the beginning! There’s much, much
more to see and do at this the last Western PA Furry event of 2009 and
the first of 2010!

The First Night 2010 website has been updated
and the buttons which get you into all the venues is still $8. They are
available at the Box Office at Theater Square (655 Penn Avenue,
Downtown), at participating Giant Eagle stores, and this year you can
order them on-line from their website!

The schedule of events
should be posted soon. Vouchers are required for the large venue
performances and are available at the Theater Square box office. Once
they post the schedule we'll have a better idea of which shows Sil and
I will be attending, but that doesn't mean you need to hang with us.
Come down and make your own experience. Bring your fursuit and march in
the parade!

Now that December is here, it's time to let us know
how many folks to expect. Please RSPV by replying here or e-mailing me
at events AT swiftsden dot net with "First Night" in the subject line.
Then, mark it down on your calendar to spend New Year's Eve with
friends at the annual First Night Furry Gathering.

Have a happy and safe holidays one and all and we hope we see you at one or more of these great local meets!

*Hugs*

Swift Fox