[Pa-furry] [EVENT] "Furst Night" Pittsburgh Furry Gathering! 12/31/09

Foxes' Den foxesden at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:40:54 EST 2009

Event: FURST NIGHT PITTSBURGH FURRY GATHERING! (http://firstnightpgh.com)
When: 4:30pm, Thursday, December 31, 2009
Where: Inside the Wood Street “T” Station, Street Level
       Wood and Liberty Avenues, Downtown Pittsburgh, PA

Join with us as we take in the festivities and revel in the events of Pittsburgh's First Night 2010 Celebrations and howl in the New Year with fireworks and furiends!  Furiends old and new are welcome to take part in this annual Pittsburgh furry event which is fast becoming a holiday favorite full of cozy warmth and friendly cheer.

Held on the coat tails of First Night Pittsburgh 2010, now in its 13th year, the event is a community- and family-oriented, alcohol-free celebration of the arts. Revelers enjoy - and in some cases, join in - the multiple, simultaneous and continuous performances of dance, music, song, mime, story telling, theater, poetry, film, video and multi-media presentations."

That’s only the beginning! There’s much, much more to see and do at this the last Western PA Furry event of 2009 and the first of 2010!

The First Night 2010 website has been updated and they now have a schedule of events listed so you may plan your evening.  The buttons which get you into all the venues are still $8.  They are available at the Box Office at Theater Square (655 Penn Avenue, Downtown), at participating Giant Eagle stores, and this year you can order them on-line from their website!

There are a few Vouchered Events (http://www.firstnightpgh.org/page_builder.aspx?SubNavigationID=43&NavigationID=33) as is normal. Sil and I are planning to get vouchers to attend the 7:30pm performance of "Johnny Angel & the Halos" and the 10pm performance by the "River City Brass Band."  You don't have to follow around with us though.  Check out the schedule, join in the excitement, and make your own experience.

Would you like to join the Parade? Great! Simply stop by the Parade Information table located outdoors on 10th Street at the Pittsburgh Convention Center no later than 7:30 p.m. The Parade is five blocks long starts at the Westin if you're interested in bringing your fursuit and joining in the fun.

This is a reminder!  If you're interested in attending, please RSPV by replying here or e-mailing me at events AT swiftsden dot net with "First Night" in the subject line so I know who I should be looking for.  Then, mark it down on your calendar to spend New Year's Eve with friends at the annual First Night Furry Gathering.

*hugs*

Swift Fox